View Comic Strips on Your Mobile Phone
To view comic strips on your phone simply text a message from
your phone to firstname.lastname@example.org. You'll receive a message
back containing a link to follow to the comics. Free, although
your carrier's usual data charges apply.
Enhanced Java player. About a third of phones with color screens
don't support Java, especially phones from Verizon. If your phone
doesn't support Java choose standard playback.
Step by step guide
- Send a text message from your phone to email@example.com.
- A text message (or email) arrives on your mobile phone
- Open the text message to display the URL
- Use the "GoTo" function on your phone to launch
the embedded URL. On a Sony phone you arrow down to highlight
the link. On other phones it may be some other menu choice.
- Choose standard playback or download the Java player. (Java
instructions just below this)
- If you choose standard playback follow the menus and arrows
to the comic you want.
Java guide continued after step 5 above
- When asked if you'd like to download content say Yes
- In about twenty seconds (there's a progress bar) your phone
should say it's installed in your Games folder
- When phone asks if you'd like to launch content now say Yes
- Comic Strip Network player is in your Games folder and doesn't
need to be downloaded again tomorrow
- Launch player again tomorrow to see tommow's comic strips
- If you ever want to delete the player simply do so from your
- To install a newer version of the Comic Strip Network player
it's necessary to delete the installed player first
Installing Java on Treo
- Many Treo phones don't come with Java, but it can be installed
later using free Java software available from Treo.
Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org Updated Oct. 11, 2007